This 83-word gem from Seth Godin inspired me, for several reasons.
1. So far I’m not worrying about SEO, so it was good to get a little validation from a guy who seems to know what he’s doing.
2. For me it’s all about content. Another guy I admire preaches this like gospel.
What about you? What are you more concerned with? Being relevant and providing content that people want to consume is about being remarkable, right?
I think part of doing that right is embracing that gifted oddball you know your are.
But the more important component is developing and practicing a tenacious habit of rule breaking by simply doing things your way. Got it, Cuz?
Pretty bang-on, don’t you think? Go ahead and pimp your own little ride.
How do you define success in this realm?
What are your essential ingredients?
And what is your path to that end-goal?
Is it about search engine traffic and keyword rankings?
Your Klout score or a social proof “badge of honor?”
Or is it more about turning the system on its head by injecting your own special form of genius in a most purposeful way?
I guess it could be both, but I get a headache thinking about all this stuff.
The way I see it, you need to stop emulating others, focus a bit less on those confounding numbers and take a look in the mirror.
The creative you vs. creative gaming, right?
What is it that makes you unique?
Is there something you can bring that no one else can?
What can you do better?
What crazy idea is burning away in your old noodle?
Bring it and be steadfast in your mission, because it might just be the rocket fuel you need to soar.
… then you might not have to worry about the numbers.
So, are you a game changer or are you trying to game the system?
Has attracting eyeballs become an obsession? Are you lost in the numbers game?
Like Seth, are you refusing to work the system?
- Why the Social Web Needs Thought Leaders - August 6, 2014
- Want to Be a Blog Writing Machine? (Give up on Perfection). - July 30, 2014
- Can Social Media Engagement Kill Your Business? - July 23, 2014
- 4 Big Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing Now - July 15, 2014
- Your 3 Step Process to Surviving and Thriving the Fickle Realm of Social Media - July 10, 2014
- How Do You Become a Successful Blogger? (4 Answers that Might Surprise You). - June 26, 2014
- The Beautiful, Empty Cup of Blogging - June 11, 2014
- Why Small Businesses Hate Content Marketing (and What to Do About It) - June 4, 2014
- My Breaking Out Mission (and Why I Need Your Help) - May 28, 2014
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset and What it Means to You - May 21, 2014