1. Let’s dive into a topic I feel passionate about …
There’s an unspoken rule about acting your age. You need to reach a certain station in life at a certain age and it’s always too late to start over.
Well, I’d like to blow the doors off that notion.
2. There’s also a huge segment of the population that could be classified as introverts, misfits, loners. People who feel like they don’t fit in.
I rather like misfits and loners.
When I first started this blog I wrote about this stuff. A lot. Breaking out, that is.
Lately, I’ve been writing about branding, design and social media. A lot.
But there’s a problem.
This could become a happy marriage, but I think it’s time for these two topics to part ways. In fact, I want to create a completely separate entity based on the Art of Breaking Out.
That’s right. A home for misfits, loners, late bloomers and life-changers. A brand spankin’ new blog and podcast.
My home here won’t change (it will only be amped-up), but the new site (and podcast) will zoom in on a theme I feel rather passionate about.
It will be about realizing that everything you need resides within.
You feel a burning need to change, but for whatever reason the amazing stuff inside you has never spilled out.
This confounds you. It distresses you. And it leaves you empty.
Well, it’s time to unleash that creative, passionate, and innovative beast inside. To really break out.
I aim to do a few things with this new project.
1. The journey: Tell my story and hear yours. (I’ve been making some pretty big changes).
2. A community: Create an amazing community of like-minded souls who want to bust a move.
3. Motivate you to get beyond what is truly holding you back, and kill that four letter word that is the ultimate dream killer: FEAR.
4. Help you start over at any age. To realize you’re never too old (or too young).
If your current direction is killing you slowly, well, it’s break out time.
This might mean …
– Changing careers or starting a business.
– Learning to get past fear.
– Finally living a healthier lifestyle.
– Letting go of possessions.
– Starting over beyond age 35, 40, 50 and on.
– And breaking the shackles that have bound you for so damn long.
A place where late bloomers, outsiders and misfits inspire each other. A home that will empower you to break out and and live the life you’ve always wanted to live.
And the power of community will be our little engine that could.
So today, if you have a moment, I would love to get your thoughts.
1. Does the concept work for you?
2. What is your biggest impediment to change?
3. What would you add? What topics need to be covered to really help people move on with life?
and, finally …
4. If you know anyone who would be a great guest on the podcast, let me know, I’m booking guests through 2015.
The launch is soon and frankly, I’m too excited to sleep.
If you’re interested … stay tuned.
- My 3 Words For 2015 - January 8, 2015
- Want to Change Your Life? (Let’s Start with 5 Regrets.) - September 3, 2014
- Why the Social Web Needs Thought Leaders - August 6, 2014
- Want to Be a Blog Writing Machine? (Give up on Perfection). - July 30, 2014
- Can Social Media Engagement Kill Your Business? - July 23, 2014
- 4 Big Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing Now - July 15, 2014
- Your 3 Step Process to Surviving and Thriving the Fickle Realm of Social Media - July 10, 2014
- How Do You Become a Successful Blogger? (4 Answers that Might Surprise You). - June 26, 2014
- The Beautiful, Empty Cup of Blogging - June 11, 2014
- Why Small Businesses Hate Content Marketing (and What to Do About It) - June 4, 2014