Well, truth be told, it’s not as tough as you make it out to be. Seeing your dreams come to fruition involves a truckload of work and that’s why many start, but never finish.
They talk about an enterprise and even think it through. They might even put pen to paper and devise a plan. Been there. So done that.
But, but … here comes the unromantic part. The unexciting little ingredient that doesn’t sound so dreamlike and fun.
Okay, you ready?
You must have a set of baby steps to see it through.
No duh, right? But I would comfortably say nine times out of 10, excluding these fundamental and essential steps means “poof” goodbye dream.
It might be the fact that these steps are so matter-of-fact and unromantic.
Or they are too much work.
Maybe some dreamers are not workers.
Honestly, there could be a multitude of reasons and excuses, and life does get pretty complicated.
You knew that, right?
But nine times out of 10 the dream killer is you. Yes, you.
It is that lack of committing to the utilitarian, day-to-day work. Yet, that daily effort doesn’t have to be so difficult, we just make it so.
Truth is, we often overcomplicate things. Human beings excel at this and I was a master at turning simple into complex for years. I’ve learned to drill-down though and now I feel like I’m on cruise control, one little step at a time.
If you’re ambitious, have a hankering and you really, truly want to make IT happen, set aside an hour each day and figure it out.
You can do one hour.
Feel what is burning within and choose your passage, your way.
Write out a short and sweet business plan.
And then write down your first baby steps. And remember to follow-through.
You might already have an idea what your tiny steps are and if so, why in the world can’t you start on step one today?
C’mon. One step after another. Day in and day out.
Keep on dreaming.
But commit to one small step at a time and start designing your way forward.
Do you have a dream?
If you’re already THERE how did you make it happen?
What has stopped you in the past?
- Why the Social Web Needs Thought Leaders - August 6, 2014
- Want to Be a Blog Writing Machine? (Give up on Perfection). - July 30, 2014
- Can Social Media Engagement Kill Your Business? - July 23, 2014
- 4 Big Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing Now - July 15, 2014
- Your 3 Step Process to Surviving and Thriving the Fickle Realm of Social Media - July 10, 2014
- How Do You Become a Successful Blogger? (4 Answers that Might Surprise You). - June 26, 2014
- The Beautiful, Empty Cup of Blogging - June 11, 2014
- Why Small Businesses Hate Content Marketing (and What to Do About It) - June 4, 2014
- My Breaking Out Mission (and Why I Need Your Help) - May 28, 2014
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset and What it Means to You - May 21, 2014