It often translates to SEO-engineered material or oh, so informative posts wrapped in a not so hot skin.
Your posts might be packed with more pearls of wisdom than a Carl Sagan tome, but here’s the thing.
After the recent Google algorithmic updates, it’s essential to provide unique content, because things like visitor engagement and social shares do matter. At least that’s the word on the street.
Your network, your peeps, your potential customers. Those who read and share your posts, well they can and will bring you to the top of search engine heaven.
To rank. To sell. To spread influence – Relevant, powerful and informative information is an obvious must, but distinctiveness might just translate to rock star status. Originality is shared more often than milquetoast. And this builds authority and reach, which just might trump SEO.
In fact, quality + distinction could be your killer combo for bringing in those customers you covet and those subscribers you need.
So when it comes to that extra spice, here’s where I play my part as chief proselytizer and tell you how crackin’ a bold, consistent and uncommon brand can be.
Attracting eyeballs is your mission, yes? Well, those distinguishing characteristics act as the swagalicious medicine you need. It’s spot-on branding, my friend.
Crafting a new logo and tagline isn’t branding. Nor is simply touting your expertise.
And bang-on content is not just about keyword stuffing and search friendly phrases. You knew that, but sometimes the obvious needs to be repeated.
Effective branding means cohesiveness from top to bottom. And a gigantic part of branding done right means crafting words that provide value and are consistent, but you want that stuff to sing, right?
Rich data is shared, but information with extra spice can go semi-viral. And continually shared content equals social influence and a certain compounding effect will simply make your heart sing.
And best of all: That magic subject matter you produce will become a magnet, bringing in fresh customers and subscribers.
Effective content marketing is good branding, but branding done right increasingly means being different.
And bringing that uniqueness to the fore should be goal numero uno for any small business, solopreneur, or budding blogger.
And to be 100% honest this is where I get more excited than Snooki at a spray tan convention.
Content might be king, but helpful, powerful and uncommon material is like that benevolent ruler who sticks around, because his people love him so.
So if you’re an entrepreneur trying to make a dent in our digital wonderland, take your information rich material and ask yourself if it needs a good old spice rub. And then figure out how you will make those uncommon words sing time and time again.
Bring the killer content. Bring the killer content. Bring the killer content.
Repeat this mantra and get busy, why don’t ya?
- Want to Change Your Life? (Let’s Start with 5 Regrets.) - September 3, 2014
- Why the Social Web Needs Thought Leaders - August 6, 2014
- Want to Be a Blog Writing Machine? (Give up on Perfection). - July 30, 2014
- Can Social Media Engagement Kill Your Business? - July 23, 2014
- 4 Big Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing Now - July 15, 2014
- Your 3 Step Process to Surviving and Thriving the Fickle Realm of Social Media - July 10, 2014
- How Do You Become a Successful Blogger? (4 Answers that Might Surprise You). - June 26, 2014
- The Beautiful, Empty Cup of Blogging - June 11, 2014
- Why Small Businesses Hate Content Marketing (and What to Do About It) - June 4, 2014
- My Breaking Out Mission (and Why I Need Your Help) - May 28, 2014