What are your online dreams?
Do you start your day in a motivational frame of mind after reading the latest from James Altucher?
Nodding in agreement while watching Pat Flynn show you how to create a passive income stream?
Pumped after listening to the latest Gary Vaynerchuk interview?
Now what are you doing now to make “it” happen?
Lately I’ve been working on several projects tied to the themes of this blog over the years.
Because, even though I’m a minnow in a gargantuan pond I get more than a few emails, and there seems to be a common theme …
“I want this to be my big year.”
“I want to launch the business I’ve always dreamed of.”
“I am struggling with my brand. Not only visually, but how I define myself online.”
“I want to make “that” leap.”
“I’m sure there are people out there (like me) who need a good kick in the ass, but don’t know where to start.”
“I might be reaching my crisis point. I need advice on how to change.”
“I have an “itch,” an unfulfilled desire and I need some help.”
To me, these statements come back to the question I asked above:
“Now what are you doing about it?”
Over the next 3-6 months you’re going to see this blog evolve into a property that’s more focused on helping people bust a move and make “that” business work.
Branding will still be at its core, but the approach will be different (read: actionable advice built to address the questions above).
I have another site on the way designed to work in harmony with this one. Built to help you and your business truly break out (that kick in the ass mentioned above).
Soon after I started blogging I realized it would take time to gain traction. Almost 2.5 years in, I’m almost halfway through my 2-5 year plan (I’m a fan of the slow burn).
It’s been fun and rewarding, but it’s time to change things up, because …
1. I don’t like standard, operating procedure and …
2. So many amazing peeps get hung up on “process” and emulating others, ignoring their own gifts.
But enough about me. What about you?
What are your online dreams? Have they soured or are you still on course?
Has your own special form of genius been repeatedly snagged because you’re trying to emulate someone else’s formula?
Has your business stalled?
Feel you’ve diluted your message and with it, killed your spirit?
I’ve written this ad nauseam but here goes … Know your stuff. Have a plan. Be incredibly competent and practice a bit of integrity along the way. But most of all, just make sure you forge your own path.
This is key to finding the right audience and more importantly, loving the work. In the process you just might show the world how brilliant you are, and grow that business you’ve always dreamed of.
How do you measure your online success?
Are you getting there?
If not, what is stopping you?
… Oh, and keep those emails coming. I would love to hear from you!
- My 3 Words For 2015 - January 8, 2015
- Want to Change Your Life? (Let’s Start with 5 Regrets.) - September 3, 2014
- Why the Social Web Needs Thought Leaders - August 6, 2014
- Want to Be a Blog Writing Machine? (Give up on Perfection). - July 30, 2014
- Can Social Media Engagement Kill Your Business? - July 23, 2014
- 4 Big Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing Now - July 15, 2014
- Your 3 Step Process to Surviving and Thriving the Fickle Realm of Social Media - July 10, 2014
- How Do You Become a Successful Blogger? (4 Answers that Might Surprise You). - June 26, 2014
- The Beautiful, Empty Cup of Blogging - June 11, 2014
- Why Small Businesses Hate Content Marketing (and What to Do About It) - June 4, 2014