You know, step up to the dais and do my best to not make a fool of myself and maybe even help a good citizen or two?
What better place to proclaim my objectives than right here?
1. I want to use this accountability platform to keep me on task.
2. I just might motivate a few people out there with similar goals in mind.
3. To follow through on my own advice and just go out and “do!”
4. This stuff is no fun alone. So, you with me?
Let me explain:
I’m gunning for local groups and associations, but my focus is already on the professional circuit. I’m thinking big, folks.
I want to step up to the lectern at BlogWorld, really. Stop chuckling, I hear you.
If I said I’d like to speak at TEDx, you might break out into spastic fits of laughter, so I’ll keep that one to myself for now.
A boy’s gotta dream, right? We call that long-term vision.
Call my crazy, but I’ve been a member of Toastmasters for years and that counts for something, right?
When it comes to speaking, our old friend BlogWorld is a bit more realistic, so I’ll set my sites on that familiar conference for sometime in the future. But before I head in that direction I need some street cred, right about NOW.
You think I’m kidding, right?
Slightly deranged maybe, but I’m as serious as a heart attack.
Here’s the deal.
With no speaking page, zero videos and el zilcho in paid speaking experience, what’s a boy gonna do? If you’re convulsing in fits of laughter right now, I don’t blame you.
But I am excited, determined and ready to roll.
Since I’m making a public pronouncement I might as well lay out the steps, right?
But before I do that. I want to know who is with me? Please read on.
I really do! If it is public speaking or something entirely different, I would love for a few of you to join me on this journey.
What do you want to do?
Why are you not doing it?
You want to, don’t you? I know you do.
Well, you now have a reason to join me.
Oh, about those steps:
Priority number one is to get that first … “What the hell are you going to speak about?” … video up for all to see. I just might convince a venue or two to consider this former chubby introvert.
My first video goes up in three weeks. Hold me to it, will you, comrade?
Back at ya:
If you have a big first step, please let me know so I can hold YOU to it. I need a few partners in this journey.
2. A speaking page:
How can I convince anyone to hear me out if I don’t have a speaking page? You know a place where I will actually list the topics I’ll be speaking on?
Well, that’s going up in three weeks too. Keep me on task, okay?
I want to know about those steps in your journey. Maybe we can even exchange a few emails and keep each other in check, eh?
3. A first “professional” speaking venue:
This is tough one, because it really depends on who will consider someone like me. I will tell you this: You won’t be sorry. I’ll do everything in my power to make this the best talk on X, Y or Z you’ve ever heard.
X, Y and maybe even Z will be detailed on my speaking page. Stay tuned.
If you have a venue in mind, let me know.
If there is a function where you’ll be entertaining the hoards, let me know.
I need some companions in this journey. If you want an accountability partner, let me know.
What say you? Will you join me? Maybe we can even create an event of our own one day.
Is there one Big Thing you want to accomplish in 2012?
Any suggestions on professional events I should consider?
If there is anyone out there with a great speaking page or video page, let me know, will ya?
- Want to Change Your Life? (Let’s Start with 5 Regrets.) - September 3, 2014
- Why the Social Web Needs Thought Leaders - August 6, 2014
- Want to Be a Blog Writing Machine? (Give up on Perfection). - July 30, 2014
- Can Social Media Engagement Kill Your Business? - July 23, 2014
- 4 Big Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing Now - July 15, 2014
- Your 3 Step Process to Surviving and Thriving the Fickle Realm of Social Media - July 10, 2014
- How Do You Become a Successful Blogger? (4 Answers that Might Surprise You). - June 26, 2014
- The Beautiful, Empty Cup of Blogging - June 11, 2014
- Why Small Businesses Hate Content Marketing (and What to Do About It) - June 4, 2014
- My Breaking Out Mission (and Why I Need Your Help) - May 28, 2014