My friend, Srinivas Rao is currently running a 30-days to Mastering Your Fears Series.
The series centers on the latest book from Jaimal Yogis, The Fear Project: What Our Most Primal Emotion Taught Me About Survival, Success, Surfing . . . and Love
This is a highly-engaging, thoughtful book that will help you take on the primal emotion of fear.
And I’ll send a complimentary copy of Jaimal’s book to the person who provides the best answer to the question below.
I loved the book. “The Fear Project” is an amazing read and it came at a perfect time, as it’s inspired me to start on something I’ve been putting off for months.
So, here is my question …
How have you tamed fear by embracing discomfort?
This is practice #3 in my post at The Skool of Life. It’s the habit that has helped me the most and I would love to know how it’s helped you.
And here’s the reality: I don’t mountain climb, bungee jump or skydive, and you don’t have to either.
My main battle was public speaking, and taking it on has honestly done more to change my life than just about anything.
Doing something that gives you the jitters over and over and over, starts to numb that ancient fear-response within.
So I would love to hear about your real-world experience. Some way you’ve made friends with fear by getting out and doing something that gives you the shakes.
What say you? How have you made those butterflies fly in formation?
- My 3 Words For 2015 - January 8, 2015
- Want to Change Your Life? (Let’s Start with 5 Regrets.) - September 3, 2014
- Why the Social Web Needs Thought Leaders - August 6, 2014
- Want to Be a Blog Writing Machine? (Give up on Perfection). - July 30, 2014
- Can Social Media Engagement Kill Your Business? - July 23, 2014
- 4 Big Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs Content Marketing Now - July 15, 2014
- Your 3 Step Process to Surviving and Thriving the Fickle Realm of Social Media - July 10, 2014
- How Do You Become a Successful Blogger? (4 Answers that Might Surprise You). - June 26, 2014
- The Beautiful, Empty Cup of Blogging - June 11, 2014
- Why Small Businesses Hate Content Marketing (and What to Do About It) - June 4, 2014